Welcome to The Patch Designs

Welcome to my Blog. I hope you enjoy the pictures and the happenings here at The Patch Designs. See you soon

Monday, October 10, 2011

Third Grade Math REALLY

I've always been really good at math.  It was my favorite subject in school, but math today is not like I remember.  I was helping my grandson Noah with his 3rd grade math homework, ( now this should be easy addition and subtraction) he had 12 problems to add and subtract.  He did that and got all the answers correct, now here is the problem I had,  circle the addend, circle the minuend and circle the subtrahend,  REALLY  what the heck?  I had to google to find out what these were?  Whatever happened to the good old days of just add and subtract and get the right answer?  No wonder kids are so much smarter these days!!  How did I ever survive 35 years of Banking??? 

Well now that I have that off my chest onto the sewing room.  I have been proofing patterns today, kinda fun to read it from someone else perspective.  I have made the corrections and now ready for the printer.

Talk to you later. 

Quilted Blessings
Lyna

No comments: